As a family owned business, Health, Safety & Well-being is driven by a genuine care for our people. We will always strive to improve the safety of our staff by ensuring safety is everyone top priority. Processes may change, equipment may change, our services may change, but the Health & Safety must always be one step ahead. Our commitment to Health and Safety is demonstrated in our certification to OHSAS 18001
Our Health and Safety strategy is based on the following:-
- Provide a safe and healthy place for all to work in
- Year on year incident reduction
- Actively promote and support health and well–being among our employees and subcontractors
- Evaluate our H&S performance internally and through industry benchmarking schemes
- Promote health and safety in the local community
We have an excellent reputation for Health and Safety and our clients expect us to comply with standards, but we will always push to exceed the minimum requirements.
The well- being of our staff is also paramount. As a close knit company, WJM continually encourage all their employees to achieve a good work life balance. We are increasing our focus on supporting mental health and workplace illnesses. Throughout 2016, we have promoted the use of our occupational health provider and conducted a confidential survey among staff so we could assess their awareness, understanding and experience of mental health issues.